Saturday 15 September 2012

MAC Studio Fix Review

MAC Studio Fix 4/5

MAC foundations is their major downfall. For such a popular brand, it's a shame that many of their foundations are less than useful. 

However, a lady got on the tube yesterday and had the most flawless and flattering coverage! 
I had to ask her who she was wearing and she said Studio Fix. 

I used this on a lady at the Paralympics and it provided gorgeous coverage too. Yet they were both dark skinned, so I thought maybe their darker foundations have a better tone than the fairer ones.

But they have so many liquid foundations! There's...

  • Studio Fix
  • Studio Sculpt
  • Studio Tech
  • Face & Body
  • Pro Longwear
  • And Matchmaster
Each catering for everyone's needs! Are they that different?

It is a bit ridiculous for one brand to have so many different types of foundation ( and I'm not even going into their powder foundations) but yet it seems that they are miles apart. 

Pro Longwear doesn't sit well on most skins, having tried and tested on at least ten people, it suited only three. I didn't like the feel of it on my skin, it felt heavy and it looked...okay. But not good. 

Studio Sculpt provides full coverage that lasts with a satin finish. I've heard many people like this product but it's not the best.

I would recommend either purchasing a powder foundation from MAC or if you are dark skinned, to definitely go for their Studio Fix (make sure you pick up the right one!).

x S-J x